Although it is technically a man made fabric, bamboo viscose is created from natural materials.
The process of making bamboo viscose fabric involves the use of solvents to break down the bamboo and bleaching chemicals to dye the fibers white. The fibers are then woven into a fabric [5% spandex in our case] to ensure the fabric holds its shape. The result is the super soft, breathable and draping fabrics that you get on our sleepers!
6 Benefits of Viscose from Bamboo:
- Silky soft for a light touch on even the most sensitive baby skin
- Regulates heat, so baby will never get too hot or too cold! It feels cool in warm weather, and warm in cool weather.
- It is pill-resistant! Your sleepers will stay looking and feeling good no matter how many blowouts and washes they experience!
- Easy to wash with cold water and can be tossed in the dryer on low heat [bonus! Wrinkles fall out when hung damp]
- Just enough stretch for a fitted feel, without being too tight
- Bamboo is a highly renewable resource and improves air quality by absorbing carbon dioxide from the air and releasing oxygen into the atmosphere.