benefits of bamboo
Did you know that bamboo is basically an environmental wonder plant?
Bamboo requires no chemicals and minimal water to grow! It also absorbs more carbon dioxide from the air and releases more oxygen into the environment than cotton does. Bamboo is also one of the fastest growing plants in the world, replenishing itself constantly without the need for gallons and gallons of water to do so — you can feel good about the fact that your purchase has a positive impact on our planet!
Our fabrics are woven with 95% bamboo and 5% spandex, which gives you a super soft, breathable, draping fabric with the perfect amount of fit & stretch!
Even More Benefits of Bamboo:
- Hypoallergenic for a silky soft, light touch on even the most sensitive baby skin
- Regulates heat. Bamboo helps keep baby cool in warm weather, and warm in cool weather.
- Easy to wash with cold water and can be tossed in the dryer on low heat [bonus! Wrinkles fall out when hung damp]
- UV resistant to protect fragile skin from the sun's rays
- Bamboo is a biodegradable resource!
Keep reading to find out how to properly care for your bamboo to ensure your product looks and feels like new as long as possible!
CARING FOR YOUR BAMBOO
All of the amazing qualities of bamboo means that your Pip + Phee requires a bit of extra care!
- Pre-treat stains with a gentle stain remover
- Wash inside out with zipper zipped up
- Wash in cold water, on a delicate cycle with a gentle detergent that is free from bleach
- Launder only with like fabrics (all bamboo is ideal!)
- Lay flat/hang to dry OR tumble dry on a low setting
(You can expect a small amount of shrinkage when using a dryer)
Our fabrics are OEKO-TEX STANDARD 100 certified.
"If a textile article carries the STANDARD 100 label, you can be certain that every component of this article, i.e. every thread, button and other accessories, has been tested for harmful substances and that the article therefore is harmless for human health"